Pestell - Paw Thaw Ice Melter
Paw Thaw Ice Melter is designed to be less harmful to your pet’s pawsthan other commercial ice melters. Most ice melters are made from rocksalt or calcium chloride. Rock Salt ice melters have a very high phlevel and over a period of time will dry out your pet’s paws and causethem to crack. Calcium Chloride ice melters actually creates a greatdeal of heat and will cause considerable pain to your pet’s paws. PawThaw is made from a combination of fertilizer and non-corrosive productsthat will be less harmful to your pet. One of the ingredients isCalcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) which is biodegradable in soil and hasno adverse effect on vegetation. Other ingredients include phstabilizers to control the ph level of the product, food grade markerfor the colour, and a non-corrosive spray to make the product safer foryour pet’s paws. All other ingredients are fertilizer based productsthat will melt ice at a variety of temperatures, while not being harmfulto your pet. The key advantage of Paw Thaw is that while it is petfriendly, Paw Thaw is an effective ice melter. Paw Thaw breaks the bondbetween ice and the surface area. When Paw Thaw goes to work, it’stime-released formula stays on the surface area longer, helping tocontrol the freeze-thaw cycle.
Quick Hits about Paw Thaw:
- Pet Friendly– Paw Thaw is a safer, biodegradable ice melter that will not harm your pet when used as directed. Does not change color of paws, and not harmful if ingested
- Fast Acting– Paw Thaw combines the most effective de-icing blend components available, creating the desired reaction to initiate de-icing meltdown. Paw Thaw breaks the bond between the ice and surface area.
- Environmentally Formulated– the non-hygroscopic formula is less harmful to grass, trees or other vegetation. Water soluble and odourless.
- Non Tracking– Will not harm carpets or floors and carpet and will not damage footwear. No slimy, sticky residue to clean up
- **Non corrosive - Will not harm carpets, floors, or pets
- Non slip– Special “Dolomite” formula provides added traction control.
CMA (Calcium Magnesium Acetate)
Anti-caking agent/ph adjuster
CMA (Calcium Magnesia Acetate): Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) is a low-corrosion chemical alternative to road salt that also protects the environment. Years of research and field applications have proven CMA is no more corrosive than tap water and does not harm vegetation or receiving water.
Anti-corrosion spray: Is added to offset any harmful effects of the sodium chlorideAnti – caking agents: keeps the PH level down so that the product is not too acidic.
Sodium Chloride: Is added to break the bond between the surface area and the Ice.
Dye: Food grade blue dye
Calcium Magnesium Acetate, Anti-corrosion spray and Anti-caking agent/ph adjuster are added to neutralize the harmful effects of SodiumChloride.