Benebone - Puppy Maple Stick Small Dog Chew
Introducing puppy chews, our newest addition to Benebone®!
It was simply no fair that puppies had to wait until the grew up to join the Benebone® community. So we introduced our puppy line which includes two Puppy Packs appropriately sized for tiny puppies under 15 lbs, and two small puppy chews for puppies under 30 lbs. Designed for puppies with a slightly softer material makeup dedicated to teething pups - They are sure to save your tennis shoes!
So we've been talking a lot about Benebone's tantalizing flavors that will make your dog go bananas. But it's time to talk turkey for a bit. Below are some basic do's and dont's to keep your happy and safe.
Chomp, but Don't Eat:
Benebones are NOT EDIBLE and are NOT TO BE EATEN
Exclusively for Dogs:
We love cats too, but Benebones are for dogs only.
One Size Does Not Fit All:
On each Benebone® we provide guidelines to help you choose a toy for your dog. Our guidelines are for rough reference only. Benebones are not suitable for all dogs.
Benebones are not a perfect fit for all chewers. Benebones are not suitable for dogs that weigh more than our recommended guidelines or for dogs that are strong or aggressive chewers. While very durable, Benebones are also not a fit for chewers who could damage the product or damage their teeth.
Always choose the largest product your dog can handle, even if you have a dog rated for a smaller size. Heavy chewers are encouraged to use the larger products as it is the strongest, thickest product.
Not all dogs have the teeth to withstand aggressive chewing of hard substances such as nylon. Use judgment in evaluating the strength of your dog's chewing and the condition of your dog's teeth. Benebones are also not appropriate for older dogs that may have compromised tooth strength.
Our tiny products are indeed tiny, and need to be kept away from larger dogs so they are not accidentally ingested.
Dog toys with closed holes and irregular shapes have the possibility of getting stuck on a dog's jaw, paw, or other part of their body. Size up your dog and your Benebone® to reduce this risk.
Keep an Eye Out:
A dog's use of Benebone® products should be supervised at all times. A Benebone® should not be within a dog's reach if the owner is unable to supervise chewing.
Watch for wear and replace Benebones frequently to ensure that the product remains whole and intact at all times. Though a rough guide only, Benebones should be discarded if a piece large than a grain of rice has broken off or may break off.
The amount of time it can take a given dog to wear down the product to an unsafe level varies. As a general rule, if the product has lost more than one cubic centimeter of volume (the size of a sugar cube) it is time to replace the product. Monitoring and replacement are essential to your dog's safety. And regardless, the product should be replaced after one month of purchase.
Our puppy products are a bit softer, and need to be monitored very closely. Some puppies can be strong chewers.
Reduce the Risk of Tooth and/or Gum Injury:
Benebones are made of nylon, which is a hard substance. Aggressive chewing can cause chips or cracks in teeth and possibly result in tooth loss/removal.
After aggressive chewing, the product can become bristled and sharp. The product in this condition, can cause gum irritation, even bleeding. Also, the product could cause abrasion or injury to another part of a dog's or human's body. Monitor the conditions of the Benebone® closely to watch for bristled or sharp edges. The product can be smoothed with a wood file or heavy grit sandpaper. Need more help? Shoot a photo to email@example.com
Benebones are made of nylon and are made in facilities that process peanuts, tree nuts, chicken, pork and beef. In addition, Benebones may contain peanuts, tree nuts, chicken, beef and/or maple wood ingredients for flavoring purposes. Therefore, Benebones should not be purchased for use in households where a human or pet may have an allergy to nylon, peanuts, pork, chicken, and/or maple wood.
Keep It Off the Dance Floor:
Benebone® is a hard toy and cause injury when stepped on. Keep this product in a safe place to avoid the risk of damage to one's foot, or a slip or fall. Do not leave Benebone® on hard floors as it can cause slips and falls, particularly in the dark. Keep in a safe location.
Benebones may break or splinter, which can cause serious injury or death. Benebones may cause gastrointestinal issues, such as nausea, vomiting, or blockage. Benebones may also cause tooth injury, gum injury, and/or tooth loss. Benebones may cause an allergic reaction in humans or animals that are allergic to one of more components, such a nylon, peanuts, chicken, pork and/or maple wood. Benebones are a hard product that can cause injury to a person if stepped on. See instructions for use to help reduce these risks.